Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What Did Gene Siskel Think of Children's Films in 1993?

There are a lot of great articles in TV Guide's Summer 1993 Parent's Guide to Children's Entertainment Issue but I think this one might be my favorite.

I dearly miss Roger Ebert.  His yearly Movie Guides were a huge influence on me, and I'm sure they are how I learned how to write a good essay.  Funny, I wasn't really into the "Siskel and Ebert" show.  In fact, I think this article was my main interaction with Gene Siskel as a critic.  I miss him too, but here he comes across as the crankiest of cranky old men.  I'll let it speak for itself but I really want to see the alternate "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid" he proposes...






-----

Art of the Day!

5.31.16 - Mermaids for MerMay

More MerMay Mermaids!  Goodness knows what we're drawing for August!